Monday, September 21, 2009

Latest on Travis

Here are the latest pictures of Travis... this is the special blanket I made for him!!
Looking good Trav!

For those of you who are not on Facebook, I apologize for not keeping you in the loop with the updates on Travis. Whenever I get updates from my parents I usually post them on there and forget about my blog. Sorry!
Travis is now out of the hospital and is now residing in a rehab center in Burien, WA. He was put in a different rehab center a few weeks past, which turned out to be almost a horrible mistake. One night while his girlfriend was there he started throwing up all his "food" and medicine. His vitals were all over the place and he had to be rushed back to the emergency room at Harbor View again. Needless to say, we did not send him back to that place! Lack of attention to say the least.
So now he is settling into his new center. He is doing okay as far as healing is to be concerned. He is opening his eyes every day, but has yet to communicate or eat on his own. He will respond to commands by giving thumbs up, high fives, blinking once for yes, two for no, etc. He has even slapped a few hands away!! We think this is good progress, slow, but good. We are anxious for him to start talking again and come home. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and fasting.

2 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

I'm so glad he is progressing. Does he remember what happened? Do the doctors think he will speak again or is there some concern that his speech/vocabulary knowledge may have been injured?

I hope you (and your family) know that Travis has been in our thoughts and prayers constantly since the accident. I'm so sad for your parents because I can't even imagine the worry they must feel. I hope and pray that all of you can feel the comfort of the Savior and that Trav starts making leaps and bounds in his recovery.

Oh, and I'm so glad you got him out of that clinic. Yuck.

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

wow... glad to hear he is doing better