Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving Boise Style

Let the Mario Kart begin... Aunt Molly with Macey and Grandma H with Libby
Fun with their superhero capes!

This year we drove up to Boise to spend Thanksgiving with Matt's sis Annie and her family. It was a long 10 hour drive but it was so fun to be able to do that! On our way up we drove half way and stopped off at our old friend's, the Gronemans to say hi. We ended up just spending the night there! It was a blast to catch up and have the kids play together. They had so much fun having a sleepover in Hadley's room that they forgot to go to sleep... until we had to put them in their own beds around midnight. Thanks again Gronemans for letting us invade!! (I need pictures, BTW!)
We finally made it to Boise and cousin Shelby was thrilled to see her cousins. Cru and Treyson were so excited to see her that they overwhelmed her just a bit. By the end she was sad to see them leave. We got to see Aunt Molly too, who joined us from Florida... but she came without Uncle Elliott. :( The boys were sad not to have him there.
We had an awesome Thanksgiving dinner (lunch) and spread out the food all the way through the weekend. We found out that our families are just not that big for that much food yet. The girls snuck out a few times for shopping trips here and there and the boys managed to get enough football in to last until next year (it seemed!). It was just so much fun to be together with family and be thankful for the many blessing that we have. Thanks to Annie, Jon, Shelby, and Libby for letting us invade your lives with our masses. You guys are awesome, I had that we live so far away. Thanks again.


4 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

Fun! Haha. We played some Wii Mario Kart for Thanksgiving too. So fun. We also bowled, but Mario Kart was my fave. :o)

Elisa said...

No, I didn't know you gave it to Tyra, if you could just give it to me as well that would be great! That way I can just have it on the computer when I need to refer to it. I am excited to make some leg warmers for winter! Thanks Haley.

katie said...

Oh looks like FUN! I want some leg warmers for my girls. They are adorable!! How do I order them? Email me natebudge@hotmail.com-I can't wait!

adrianne s. said...

Fun Thanksgiving and welcome back to bloggerworld!! I've missed you! Glad you got to visit Nick and ALy! Macey is as cute as ever!