Tuesday, April 21, 2009

JAM, jam, everywhere!


I went to WalMart after my Monday workout and stumbled on a great SALE of strawberries!  They were only 75 cents for a 1 pound package!!!  So off I went to make freezer JAM...  I did four batched of it.  For those of you who haven't made it, it is soooo easy.  All I did was fill up my blender with strawberries, blend, add the pectin and sugar and it is all done in less than 10 minutes.  Our family loves freezer jam and I've been trying to find different ways so I can eat it. I even tried blackberry/strawberry combo as well, so yummy.

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Oh Yummy, I love freezer jam! mmmm...your post makes me want to go make some homemade bread and break out some good jam to go with it!

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

wow.. thats an awesome price!! I should go check my walmart!!! Thanks for sharing!! YUMMY jam!!!

Tyra said...

strawberry freezer jam is our fave! Great find!

H.Cook said...

what a deal! If the Wal-Marts here weren't so ghetto, I'd go see if we have the same sales... :)

katie said...

LOVE homemade jam-nothing better!

Aly G said...

You are always finding the deals! We are down to our last jar of raspberry and so I am feelin the need to do it again. Hope I can find that deal!