Monday, June 02, 2008

Memorial Day Fun





This year we had Matt's whole family in town together so we took advantage! We headed up to Zion's National Park and went hiking. We had quite the group with two newborns, three one and a half year olds, and three preschoolers, with one pregnant aunt. It was a lot of fun to see all the beautiful colors up there and take part in a fun family outing. After the hike we rode the shuttle bus back down and headed to Oscar's restaurant, a favorite of grandma and grandpa Hammons. Despite our hour wait for food (which is whole different story), we had some yummy food.

After heading home I was stricken with an upset stomach all evening. I felt like I was going to "lose my lunch" the whole night. I was finally able to go to bed, but was awaken with a mad dash to the bathroom. There went my lunch...

It still was a fun weekend with the whole family. We loved the visits from Aunt Molly and Uncle Elliott and Aunt Annie, Uncle Jon, and Shelby!

10 comments:

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

maybe you're prego again...ha ha.

Haley said...

Wow, wouldn't that funny! Ummm, not really.

The Larsons said...

Looks like fun. Wow Crew looks like such a big boy all of the sudden! I feel the same way about Gunner. You look amazing...I still can't fit in 1 pair of "real" pants. :) You look great! Looks like it was perfect weather for hiking too. We took Andrew's parents to one of our favorite restaurants...and I had a similar night. No fun at all!

PalsRWe said...

You make me laugh.. I love your funny stories about running to the bathroom.. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.. Kaedyn has been puking seriously "vomiting" at least 4 - 5 times after every feeding for the past week. Doctor said as long as her diapers are wet she is fine. Why do I even get dressed anymore, so I can smell like sour milk? I agree with Melissa maybe Macey and the next one will be only 14 months apart. You are Super Haley.. Luv Ya Kiley

S. Fantasia said...

FUN! That looks like such a blast. :o)

adrianne s. said...

We were just at Zion's in January after a quick trip to Utah for Jared's grandma's funeral! We also ate at Oscar's, but nobody got sick from our visit! I hope it wasn't too bad for you.

Janea said...

That looks like so much fun. I bet Zion was really pretty this time of year..just before it gets scorching hot!

wurstens5 said...

So fun. I love Zion's!! I am actually really sad I did not get to go there last time I was there. Maybe next time.

Sherrie said...

I love Zion's! :) What a fun trip, sorry that you got sick at the end though...that stinks. :)

Annie said...

We had so much fun with everyone that weekend, it was a good way for us to say Goodbye before we moved all the way to Idaho! Miss ya.