Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's a TiVo life


TiVo was on our "wish list" when we graduated dental school and moved and we had no idea that it would be sooo great! Well, we had some idea, but didn't know the impact it would have on our lives. Living on the east coast all our TV shows started around 8pm or 9pm so we could get the kids in bed by then no problem, but living here they start at 7pm. So here's where TiVo shines... recording our shows so we don't miss a moment of the latest vote off, basketball score, or the funny joke. How did we live without it before? Am I the only one that is totally in love with this ingenious invention?!
I had mentioned that it has had an effect on our family as well... What kid do you know pauses the TV while he runs to the bathroom? Mine. What kid is asking to pause "real life" because he is a bit confused and forgets that life is not TiVo? Mine. And who thinks about rewinding the cutest smile from the baby or the funny thing that a kid has just said? That would be me. I forget the difference from real life to TiVo too... oops.
So for those of you that have not taken the plunge and done the TiVo thing, you are missing out! Who would not want to fast forward through all the commercials and watch your show in a fraction of the time????? You have to get it! Enough said.

15 comments:

The Larsons said...

We're a 100% TiVo family! Love it! Cooper gets the most frustrated at hotels when he can't pause the TV. Too funny.

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

We are also a 100% Tivo Family. I dont know how we went so long without it! it is great

Melissa ( Twin # 1 ) said...

TiVo is the way to GO !!!! We have TiVo in our Family room, but not in our Bedroom and the boys go crazy that they can't pause the TV. It's Sad that our 2 year old knows how to pause and play, and even watch all of his recorded shows. Actually TiVo has increased the boys reading skills. They know excatly what shows are theirs.
FUN STUFF !!!!

bladenfamily said...

I love mine as well. I tried to rewind the radio today, actually. I'm as bad as you are, or as good. Depends how you look at it!

BreAnne said...

Hey Haley!! I have to say watching live TV does suck. We have the DVR through our cable company and I love it. I get irritated if I can't fast forward the commercials. One of these days we will just get the TiVo.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

I tried to rewind the radio the other day just like Stephanie. Ha ha. We are big Tivo fans. I just called them yesterday to see if it would work in Japan and I can happily say it is compatable over there. Yeah! I didn't know what I was going to do if it wasn't.

Tyra said...

WE LOVE OURS!!!!!! It is a lifesaver~

The Bentley's said...

we have dish dvr... same thing... but LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! we can't watch live t.v. anymore:)

Ashlee and Shane said...

We had it for a year or more and just recently got rid of it. We miss the convenience of it so much. We are now on the $7.00 a month basic cable plan. One day we will hopefully get it again. :)

Dave and Loralee said...

HAHA-I'm glad I'm not the only one that tried to rewind the radio :) We've been "off" tv for a year now and probably won't start up again until we graduate, but believe me, we won't do anything but dvr anymore!
loved the pics from zions, brought back memories for me. you guys live in an awesome place with so many cool things around you. we miss you!

adrianne s. said...

How funny!!! Gracie wanted to turn down the wind last week, but I can't blame that on Tivo. Thank goodness for technology. We went 1 whole year with just local channels and then we got Directv again last week. Jared and I were as happy as we were the day we got married:)- well, maybe not quite, but we missed it so much the last year!! Jared just showed me how to pause it-I had no idea that was possible!

Molly said...

I know, I totally agree! I love TIVO. I can watch all my shows when I want to. Plus, I love watching American Idol with it b/c I can fast forward through the annoying judging and stupid Seacresting. Love it. It's the best $13.00/month I've ever spent.

PalsRWe said...

We are all so spoiled.. But no complaints coming from me. I enjoy having it as much as the rest of you. Especially when feeding the baby girl, and I am in the middle of " a can't miss part of the show". It's great that it's no problem to pause or rewind.. Ohhh the luxeries that we have these days.. Sooo Lucky

S. Fantasia said...

So, I am totally with you. I love that feeling of having no scheduling conflicts or missed tv-moments if something comes up. We don't have an official "TIVO", but Devin built a DVR (I love being married to a computer geek) and it does the exact same thing. How did we ever watch tv without it?

Annie said...

I just have one word. Jealous!!!!! That is on my wish list for sure, but it has to take a back seat to the backyard, a grill, lawn mower, blinds, etc. A new house is pricey!!!!! but we love it here, can't wait for you to come and visit us