Friday, March 28, 2008

More Adventures in Pregnancy

Well the JEEP trip didn't do the trick so I opted for some other suggestions! Adrianne told me to try Eggplant Parmesean... so off to Olive Garden we went tonight. I had never had it before and quite frankly didn't know if I wanted to "waste" my dinner on it, but I went for it and it actually wasn't half bad. I even offered some to Treyson telling him it was yummy chicken. He agreed and ate a few bites until he looked inside and asked "what is in this chicken, mom?" I laughed and said, "There is something wrong with that piece, sorry."

And then we headed home to practice Treyson's no-training wheels again. He's working hard, but can only do it when Matt is home to take him...which isn't very often. (Besides, could you see me trying to hold onto the back of the bike running after him all big and pregnant?!) So after that we headed up the street to some neighbors, the Ruports, to test out the trampoline..... It has put many women in labor so I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a try. So here I am with 5 little boys--11 down to 4 years old--jumping with me! Treyson told me I did a great job jumping, thanks bud!

That's enough for today's adventures. MAYBE she'll think about coming tonight, but Matt would now prefer tomorrow night since he signed up for a bowling tournament for tomorrow afternoon... sure honey, I'll try to hold her in for you.

Any other suggestions for me to try????

8 comments:

The Larsons said...

Just make sure and give him a BIG reward for his awesome bowling...I've heard some lovin' never hurts. :) I've also heard Castrol Oil...but I would never dare drink it. Lindsey jumped up and down stairs...but, it made her legs super sore...so don't do that. :) Someone else once told me peppermint oil on your feet...and foot massages?? I'm not the expert, but we'll just keep praying for you!

Ashlee and Shane said...

My friend and one of her friends went into labor after taking down some castor oil. They went into labor within 24 hrs. The doc told her to try it, but then said, "i never told you that"...i tried it and for me it didn't work. I was up all night with stomach problems. :) Soooo, i don't know that i would recommend it.

sara said...

Some mom was visiting our ward and said that all three of her daughters went into labor on the day (or day after) they had a pedicure. She was adamant that it worked. Good luck!!!
Congrats on having a girl by the way!

Haley said...

Already did the pedicure... it was a nice excuse!

Parker Family said...

I'm sure you have heard all the tips that I would have to suggest, so I will just tell you I'm sorry! It will end though I promise! Good luck with everything...and you need to go on a cruise again sometime so we can see you guys!

Sydney said...

Maybe you've had her by now but in case you haven't- just walk, walk, walk.

I tried everything- hot, spicy food, pineapple, pedicure, etc. (I refused to do castor oil since I didn't want diarrhea) and nothing worked.

It was just walking, walking, walking that got me far enough along that they induced me!

Good luck, I can't wait to see this beautiful babe!

S. Fantasia said...

Haha. I tried the eggplant parmigian too. No luck (well maybe since I had Dean the next day). I think what really worked was my Doc stripping my membranes 4 times - ouch! - or the several doses of castor oil I took upon suggestion from Ashley (which made me barf the first 2 tries and then caused out of control contraction the other times). I was already in active labor though and didn't want to continue my contractions during my college classes so I opted for the drastic measures to move things along.

Good luck. I hope you meet your little girl soon. Perhaps tonight??

S. Fantasia said...

Oh, and the castor oil didn't cause the out of control diarrhea for me like it does for many. So, it may be worth a shot. You might get lucky like me. :o) (I seriously don't recommend it if you have a weak tummy though. I can hardly even handle the smell of vegetable oil to this day because of that stuff! *shudder*)