Thursday, February 21, 2008

Salt Lake Trip




Last week Matt and I traveled up to Salt Lake to go to the Utah Dental Association Conference for a couple days. We started our trip on Wednesday afternoon, but soon ran into some ugly weather and couldn't make it past Filmore, Utah so we had to scramble to find a room for the night and we were very lucky to find one! There were huge lines to get rooms... So we set up camp and stayed the night there. We were bummed out because we called 20 minutes too late to cancel our reservation in Salt Lake so we thought we'd be charged for the room, but once we arrived in Salt Lake the next day the lady at the front felt bad for us and so she only charged us for the one night instead of two, woo hoo! I know some of you are in Utah and you know how big this storm was last week so you can relate. And me, being pregnant, thought I didn't need a coat because of my constant warmth... dumb idea! I was freezing!!!

We managed to squeeze in some shopping, eating out, and even a movie. And on the last day we walked past Temple Square and I even checked out the Primary exibit.

But we had a lot of fun spending time together without the kids and catching a familiar face or two at the conference. It was a mini Case reunion! It was so fun to see all of you. I had only wished it was a bit longer... maybe next year.

8 comments:

The Bentley's said...

fun haley! you look so good. love the black hair!

wurstens5 said...

Looks like fun. I heard about that snow storm. Poor Utah is getting hammered this winter.

Francis Family said...

How fun! Weekend trips are always fun! I can't wait until we can get away with out Dylan! We miss you! How is your nursery coming along?

katie said...

Looks too cold for me!! You look SOO cute pregnant!And I love the hair too

The Larsons said...

What a fun weekend get-a-way. I keep thinking I need a few more dates in the next 10 weeks! You are due so soon! You're a good sport to bare the weather and accompany your hubbie. We'll have to hit up that conference in the next few years...it sounds like a lot of you were there. Fun! Continuing Ed is always a good excuse for fun trips! :)

The Larsons said...

PS. When your bedding/room are done, you have to post pictures! Any names yet??

510Jen said...

Fun wish I could have seen you all. Maybe next time. Look at you hot pregnant mama. I love the hair too.

Sherrie said...

Haley...funny that you should get stranded in Filmore of all places. Andy and I stopped there on a trip down to souther Utah... we ate at this little pizza place, I think it's called "Dino's Pizza". We ate pizza, got some gumballs out ot the machine, and then kept on driving. What a memory, huh.
oh, glad you found my blog. :) We miss you out here where the sun doesn't shine!