Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baby Room Update




Okay, some of you have been curious on how the baby room is coming.... and it's a bit slower than I had anticipated! I am "collecting" items to have in her room, but I am not a decorator and don't have the slightest idea how I am going to display them. It's been a fun time with Valentines and Easter because these fun springy colors are exactly what I am going for in HER (yes, still no name) room. I finally found ribbon that matched perfectly, which was really hard because it's a different pink. The bed skirt is done!! The bumper is just a day out, I think. And Matt and Treyson went on Saturday to switch out our crib for a different one that Matt's parents had at their second home in Logandale, Nevada. Yeah! It's a cherry color, which will work a lot better than the one we had. And it's so cute. I am hoping we can put it up this week. AND because most of you know I sold almost everything before we moved, I had to be on the search for new furniture. I lucked out and found a changing table off Craigslist, which is slim here in St. George. It's not the greatest thing, but for $25 I thought I could spruce it up with a paint job and MAYBE some new knobs, we'll see. It has three drawers, which cover me finding a dresser too so I was way excited about that. By the way, all you painters out there what is the best paint for painting furniture (and walls, if we can get to that)???

4 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

I think enamel paint works best on furniture which takes a little more elbow grease than spray paint, but turns out looking really nice in the end. Just make sure to sand it (to rough it up) and use lots of primer if it has any sort of laminate coating on it. Another awesome and dramatic affect for re-painting furniture is to crackle it. :o) I am wishing I would have done that to Dean's dresser and side table that I just painted since he now sleeps in a big-boy bed. I will probably re-do them soon. Oh well.

The Larsons said...

Way to be a deal shopper! Can't wait to see pictures! And for you guys to decide a name. :)

Tyra said...

Haley,
I need you to browse my website www.accentsofbella.com, and register for things you MUST have or still NEED for your little girly to be!!!

S. Fantasia said...

SO CUTE! Did you always have these pics posted? They never showed up when I looked. I love the bedding and how perfect that Valentine's Day came and went so you could get some GREAT girly stuff. I adore pinks and browns together. And I am addicted to polka dots and stripes together. You read my mind for what I would choose for a baby girl. How exciting, I cannot wait for her to arrive. Any names yet????