Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stake Girl's Camp 2010

I was called on the Stake Girl's Camp board this year and at first I was slightly nervous about the whole thing. We got right to work and with a team of about 8 of us we hashed out every detail of that whole week up there. It only took us 6 months!!! Hours and hours of meetings and projects, it all turned out wonderfully, as I knew it would. Great thanks to our director, Kim. (Pictured below in the hat) Our theme this year was "Anchored in Safe Waters" and we went for everything nautical. And I can't go into something without a whole themed out idea... I showed up at camp with a revamped Tshirt with nautical buttons and ribbon on the sleeves and handmade button earrings of sailboats. A glance at most of our girls...
Stake leaders
This was one of our speakers that we had... he was GREAT! He was a seminary teacher and the kids related to him very well. He did an object lesson shown here about reading in your scriptures with using toothpaste and toothbrush. He contected them by saying that you can't put all your toothpaste for the whole week on at once and expect it to keep your teeth clean for the whole week. You need to do it daily (or more!) for it to work for you. Reading the scriptures is that important too.
Lisa and I were tent buddies and we had a great time sharing the tent with just us two! Check out the earrings...
I was asked (ok, I volunteered!) to make our stake flag this year. I LOVED how it turned out. I worked hard on that thing!
Ok, this is a funny picture! I wish I had more pictures of our skit we did as stake leaders during this night, but none of us passed our camera to anybody while we did ours. I was paired with Mandee and we were the "commercial girls" announcing all our commercials in our skit. You had to be there...
S'more time!
Check out the back of our shirts. They look awesome.
Our guest speaker on the last night was a famous blogger, CJane. Some of you may know her sister Nie Nie from her blog as well. She did great and she was wonderful in person to meet.
I can now breathe!!! Camp took up a lot of time, but was all worth it in the end. We had many spiritual experiences as well up there in those woods. Our faith walk through the woods was an awesome time as well, I wish I had pictures of that because it was so special to see. Thanks to all our leaders! Until next time.