Monday, May 03, 2010

Macey's Kitchen

Here is the top of the "stove" and "sink". I purchased the sink from Family Dollar, it is the large size dog bowl. The faucet is the letter "J" painted silver and turned upside down and screwed in. The hot/cold knobs are from Michael's wood section, they are "men". The knobs for the stove are also from Michael's, just wood knobs painted silver. I used my duct tape to trace out the circles for the stove and again, painted them silver.
This is the oven mitt I made to match the whole thing. All I did was trace my little girl's hand around and added about 1 inch to allow for room and seam allowance. I used white felt to bulk it up, cutting two pieces of the cupcake fabric and two pieces of felt. I sewed the diagonal pattern to hold the pieces together and then sewed around putting right sides together, flip, and folded bottom under to finish it off.
I added the fabric in the glass windows by stapling them in.
The back drop and shelf came from Home Depot in their remnants pile. I purchase the shelf piece for 50 cents and the shelf piece for $1. It was white so I taped it off to create the pinstripe look.
Here we are sanding it down and cutting the hole for the sink.
Here is was before we started, purchased off Craigslist for $20.

Total cost for project was between $35-$40!

7 comments:

Tyra said...

Great Job Haley! It turned out sooo cute!

Amy@ServingPinkLemonade said...

Thanks for sharing. That is darling! Great job.

Unknown said...

So adorable. You are one creative gal! I might have a new project in the future. Thanks for the idea!

The Atwood's said...

That is so darn cute Haley! Now bring some of that crafting down my way!

The Henderson Family said...

Holy Moly!! You are SOOO creative! I think I am jealous... I LOVED this little piece. Too Cute!!

thekerrclan said...

That is darling!

abo-bder said...




فني تركيب دش بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض