Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Expensive Experiment


Matt and I love to watch the Next Food Network star and as one of their weekly challenges they were asked to pick an unusual ingredient to create a dish with Tilapia (fish). Well, Kelsey won with her Macadamia Crusted Tilapia with White Chocolate Buerre Blanc--sounds fancy, huh? And as a non-fish lover I thought it looked and sounded really yummy, despite the fact that it was fish. As some of you have had dinner and such with our family you know that we don't do seafood and we really wondered why... so we decided that on our next date we would venture into Red Lobster and let the experts cook for us and then decide if our relationship with seafood/fish would change. We finally got that chance on Saturday night! Matt decided to go for the gusto and get the Ultimate Feast --crab legs, lobster tail, breaded shrimp, and shrimp scampi and I opted for the tilapia winning recipe by Kelsey. I, myself, was very nervous!!! Our food came quickly, which I don't know if it was blessing or a curse... because I went right in to try my dish.... AND... I am still not a fish person. Matt ate most of his food, as did I, but our experiment proved that we really aren't huge fans of the sea friends. Oh well.

7 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

Mmmmmm! That all sounds so yummy. The funny thing is, I probably wouldn't have cared much for any of it either. I don't much LOVE seafood dishes like those (although they always sound tasty). But I LOVE sushi! It is by-far my favorite food and I miss it severely through my pregnancies! My fave: eel sushi! YUM YUM! You should try it, maybe you'll love it too. :o)

Tyra said...

we, too, are totally AGAINST sea food. We have also tried this, thinking that if we actually paid $$ for it we might eat it.....nope! I'm with ya!

bladenfamily said...

I am with you. No thank you. It is the texture that does me in. I only like it if it doesn't taste like fish. But then what is the purpose?

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

MM that sounds so yummy. I love red lobester. Try salmon with Lemon juice and lemon pepper. Jake hated fish till I made him try it. :) Is ok though. I understand. I hate mushrooms because of the texture. At least you tried it and you got out with your husband.

Ashlee and Shane said...

That is funny...that is cool that you guys ventured out to give it a try! I don't like fish...the only fish i will eat is tilapia b/c it isn't fishy tasting...don't like the texture much though. I LOVE shrimp...any shrimp, but i won't eat it cold. That is all i will eat. I have never tried lobster or crab...Was it rubbery? How was it?

Rachel said...

I'm so with you on the fish! Adam and I love to try new foods, so I can totally see us doing that, going out and trying something totally different. And then realizing why we didn't like it in the first place!

The Atwood's said...

Okay, first off, why Reb Lobster? It is our least favorite seafood place. I'm so sad for you that you went there! :) Secondly, you know we love crab and such but I have never liked fish. After we had that smothered salmon at the Gala in Washington, I really liked it so I tried to find a recipe like that one. I found one and there are two ways now that I like salmon. It's still the only fish I like but you REALLY have to try different recipes and personally, there aren't very many restaurants that make it the way I like it. So, don't quite yet, there's still hope! :)