Thursday, July 03, 2008

Annie


For those of you that know Matt's sister Annie I thought I would put a little post on here for her! About a week and a half ago she was having huge pains and it was bad enough that they decided to take her into the hospital to get checked out. Well, it turned out that she had gall stones, pretty painful I hear. And then that stone got stuck in the duct where the pancreas and gall bladder meet together and basically plugged it up. Because of that it caused her pancreas to get inflammed. Meanwhile (did I mention she is about 30 weeks pregnant???!!) her body is giving out a bit and her lungs are making it hard to breathe. (Can you give the girl a break, please?!) So as today stands she is in ICU taking it one day at a time. PLEASE keep her in your prayers if you can. We love you ANNIE! Keep fighting!!

4 comments:

Tyra said...

oh my goodness! We will pray for her!

Molly said...

I'm so worried about her, Haley!

Rachel said...

Haley, she's been in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

S. Fantasia said...

Hey Haley, I just wanted to say that this same EXACT thing happened to me while I was pregnant so bad so, that they had to remove my gallbladder during the pregancy because my pancreatitis (inflamed pancreas) was causing Eli's heart rate to drop dangerously. Once it was removed, he perked back up almost immediately and I felt so much better (after a week, i should say). I hope she is doing well, but just tell her not to be too scared about it because it is actually a very common surgery during pregnancy. I will keep her in my prayers, I know she must be so worried about her baby, not to mention, in a lot of pain.

Luckily, I was only 15 weeks. A friend of mine was 30 weeks though and did just great with the surgery as well. Hopefully she won't need the surgery, but if she does, I'm sure she'll be fine. Poor girl. :o(