Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day "Tea Party"

Here is the remnants of the fancy tea party table...
Macey's first "tea party" --she was all ready in one of her cute dresses!
Treyson with Ariana and Annika.
Couscous salad --yummy! Recipe down below.


Last week I decided that I needed to have a fun "mommies lunch" and invite some fun girls to our house for some yummy food. It was convient enough to have Mother's Day soon so I called it a Mother's Day Tea Party. Now, I don't own a tea set, nor could I find one on such short notice (or lack of time) so we just had punch and apple juice for the kids. It was so fun to get together with friends and have some chat time while the kids played. I was sad that I forgot my picture taking until just at the very end so I didn't get the full table of goodies and the wonderful mothers that attended. I hope to carry this on... anybody interested?! Yummy food and good conversation? I'm in!

Here's our menu ~

Chicken Salad Croissants {8 Servings}
2 large cans of chicken
1 C sliced red grapes
1 red apple chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/3 cCalmonds, sliced
2 T lemon juice
3/4 -1 C mayonnasie
salt & pepper to taste

Couscous Salad
1/2 C uncooked couscous
3/4 C chicken broth
2 T olive oil
2 T fresh lime juice
1 T red wine vinegar
1/2 red bell pepper
4 green onions
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 C chopped cilantro
1/2 C corn kernels
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
salt and pepper

Tea Party Punch
2 cans lemonade
1 can pineapple juice
1 gallon cranberry juice
2 liters gingerale
4 C crushed ice

We also had ...

Fruit ~watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, grapes
Veggies ~carrots, celery, snap peas
Mini blueberry muffins
Goldfish crackers
Apple juice
Dove chocolates


7 comments:

bladenfamily said...

It was wonderful! Thank you for the fun time and spectacular recipes!

Melissa ( Twin # 1 ) said...

That sounds like tons of Fun !!!! I need to do that one day !!! Chicken Salad Sandwiches are the Best !!!! Next time I will try out your recipe, I never used Apples in mine before. Sounds Good.
I love the Pictures of Macey !!! She is getting so big !!!!
Hey we are going up to Vegas the
2nd week of June and going up to the Cabin also, We might just have to drop on by to say HI !!!! And see your Adorable Family !!!!

PalsRWe said...

Sounds Yummy. This sounds like something I will have to try.. I am all about having a party. Thanks for the recipes too. I think I have all the ingredients to try both... Way to go Entertainer...

Sherrie said...

What a fun idea! :) Chicken salad sandwiches sound so yummy right now!

Kelie said...

Thanks again for the fun party! It was great, and you are a wonderful hostess! Can't wait to make your couscous...delicious!! lets make it a tradition!

The Larsons said...

So fun! Way to go hosting a tea party just one month after jumping into the life of 3 kids! Macey is adorable! Love the piggie picture. She already looks like she is smiling in her tea party dress. Fun stuff!

Rachel said...

It was so fun! And thank you, thank you for posting the recipes! It saves me from asking for them :) Everything was so delicious, and I'm so impressed that you could entertain while Macey's still so little. Let's do it again next year!