Monday, January 21, 2008

Funnies

Not much to blog lately.... I've been on the search for just the right fabrics and designs to make baby girl's bedding and nursery (actually my mother in law is making it --I'm not that talented yet!). I'll keep you all posted because I'm sure you are dying to see what I've picked out and how the room will turn out... right?!?!


Anyhow, to fill your blogging addiction I have a few funnies to tell. I've been meaning to write them down for a long time, but I just haven't thought of it. These are all Treyson tales because this age seems to come up with some pretty funny stuff...


This summer I decided to take the kids to the weekly playgroup for our ward and it was at the splash pad just about maybe 1 to 1 1/2 miles away --on bike. I had just purchased a sweet bike trailer off Craigs List and I thought I'd try it out. Well the way there was awesome, no problems! We played, got wet, ate some lunch and decided it was time to go home. We started our journey home just before noon and noon in St. George in August is HOT. And by this time the kids and I were wasted from the morning activities, but I must prevail...somebody had to get us home! About half way home I was exhausted and going A LOT slower than I could just have easily walked. Biking an extra 60+ pounds is hard work! I had to stop numerous times to not die of heat stroke or something. Just when I reached flat ground I was trucking along a bit faster, not fast enough though, because Treyson said,

"Mom, we should have taken the car!"

"Why?" I asked, even though I totally knew the answer and had wished I had taken the car too.

"Because...this bike is REALLY slow!" he said.



And then one night I decided to make sloppy joes for dinner, which I never make. I don't know if it was a pregnant thing or what but I sent Matt to the store for some ingredients and off I went. I thought it was turning out just fine... until we sat down to eat and Treyson said this...

"I don't like these!"

I don't know our exact answer to it, but it probably was something like this, "Just try it and you might like it."

Treyson, after trying a bite, "These are disgusting!"

"They're good!"

"These things taste like slobber."

"How do you know what slobber tastes like?"

"Because it tastes like this!"

(I'm totally laughing while writing this...)



And lastly the other week at playgroup we went over to our friend's house for the morning to play. We had lots of fun there and it was finally time to head home so I got the kids jackets and shoes on. I asked Treyson to go tell Carter thanks for having us over to play. He got an angry look on his face and shook his head. I proceeded to tell him that he needed to be nice and say thank you. He wasn't budging so I asked him where his manners were...

His response, angrily, "I left them at home!"

How can you not laugh at that?! I really tried not to let him see me though.

Kids say the funniest things, huh?!







5 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I love those. My favorite posts to read are the funny things kids say. I am glad you wrote them down. I would love to help you with your blog. We can do it whenever, I'm pretty flexible!

Janea said...

Oh, I miss that little turd! So funny. I can totally see his little face while he is saying those things. P.S. Stephanie is awesome at fixing blogs.:) I have to live with Christmas background for just a bit longer. Hopefully not too much though. :)

S. Fantasia said...

Haha! I can't wait for Dean to get old enough to say stuff like this. He is already pretty funny though. I called him a dork once and now, everytime he does something a little goofy he says "hee dowk". So funny. He called Devin a "dowk" today. I love it!

Tracey said...

Those stories are great!! Thanks for sharing them, I got a good laugh from them!! I hope you are doing well! I noticed you have just about 9 weeks left, yea!!!! Good luck!

Annie said...

I guess slobber joes are off the menu then huh? That sounds delicious I think I might make those tonight! Treyson never ceases to amuse me.