Thursday, January 24, 2008

And so it begins



Well here is the start to the little girl room! My mother in law and I just picked out the fabrics today and I am going to design the whole thing. It should be fun!!

The chenille on the bottom is still in deciding... I couldn't find cream color so I opted for this pale yellow (on the right) and then we went to Joanns and found a tiny bit of cream so we got that too. I like the quality of the yellow a lot more, but I'm leaning colorwise to the cream. What do you think????

The flower pattern will be the outside of the bumper and the inside will be chenille/flower/satin/green OR polka dots... a little confusing I'm sure. You'll just have to see. The bed skirt is going to be mostly the strips, with a strip of satin and a strip of polka dots. And a sheet of green and polka dots too to match! So excited!! AND the bumper will have satin bows and ruffley top. If you can't picture it, just wait a couple weeks and it'll be finished I'm sure. Below is a link to a bedding set that I found that I have based this off of a bit, check it out if you want.
Only 2 months to go, I'm a little nervous!




13 comments:

Janea said...

Where does the time go? Two months, wow! The bedding looks so cute! I cannot wait to see the finished product! Miss you guys.

gregandlaura said...

OH MY GOSH! Seriously - I want to go get that fabric just in case I have a girl someday!!! haha - its adorable, I LOVE IT! I get so excited for sewing projects - I wish I could help! :) I CANNOT wait to see the finished product its going to be adorable!!!!

Dave and Loralee said...

where did you get that fabric???? I KNEW Laura would be commenting on this too. :) I've decided I'm a fabric whore. LOVE IT! WANT IT!

S. Fantasia said...

Two months?? Wow, that came quickly. If she's anything like Eli, you only have 3 weeks left so be prepared for anything, I've learned. I can't wait to see the finished bedding. I was gonna make bedding out of the "Poetry Collection" fabric by Moda if it was a girl - but since we had another boy, no need to bother. I feel like you can buy MUCH cuter than you can make with boys. Nobody makes great boy patterns - jerks. Well, I love the yellow fabric. Good luck with everything and keep us posted on your progress. Oh, and I would like to make a request for preggo pictures. You are so cute pregnant.

Haley said...

How did I know that Laura and Loralee would be the ones posting comments... I knew I could count on you guys! I already sent the fabric back to Matt's mom to get started so I don't have the name, but I got it at a store called Scrap Apple Quilts in St. George here (actually Bloomington) by Walmart. Way cute stuff there! So when the next kid comes along you'll just have to come down and shop!!

The Larsons said...

LOVE the fabric! Can't wait to see the finished product! So fun. I am jealous...I am trying to decide what I will do for this little guy. Cooper was sports...Gunner a "cowboy" theme...what else is left?! I need to make this baby some kind of blanket at least. :) Needless to say, I can't wait to see your darling little girl, and live vicariously through you! :) j/k Do you have a name yet?

Francis Family said...

Definitely go with the cream. Studies in color show that quite often yellow in babies rooms make them a bit fussier- just thought you would want to know! All the fabrics looks so cute! Good Luck!

Ashlee and Shane said...

The fabric is so pretty! How do you know how to make your own bedding? All these girl things make me want to have a girl!

katie said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. Girls are sooo fun! Heard you like the name Maycee-GREAT name!!

Adrienne said...

Way cute fabric! What are you going to do with the chenille? Did you ever see on our blog the bedding I made for our girl? I love the chenille strips in the bumpers that I did. That pic of the bedding you are using for ideas is super cute too! Can't wait to see the finished product.

The Bentley's said...

aley those are soo beautiful!! i love them. can't wait to see the finished product!

wurstens5 said...

I love those fabrics. Very cute. Good luck with the last 2 months.

The Atwood's said...

You know, Molli doesn't even have a crib set so that looks even cuter to me. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those materials. Will she make Molli one too? I'm such a bad mom.